white

white

5.28.2013

sporty spice and everything nice

hat: stussy from uo
dress: urban behavior
shoes: toms

Wow that was quite the prolonged hibernation on my part. Sorry bout that folks! Don't worry I'm still alive and kickin' and I think of my blog often. I know I always say this but it's been tough for me to take photos and feel motivated to do outfit posts without someone to help me take photos. My sister, Sophia and I were able to reunite and do a couple of shoots. It was so fun shooting with her again. She is so talented. Please check out her photography blog here. And it's always fun for me to pretend being a model. heh heh. We are going to live in the same city soon and I'm super excited! And my blog will be in full mode...until then you'll have to put up with my attempted selfies. ha.

I was able to visit home for a week and it was wonderful, simply put. It was so nice to be home with the family and to catch up with friends. It was too short of a visit, but it was worth it. I was able to attend my sister's photography gallery, visit my lola {grandma}, hang out with my besties, do some shoots, celebrate my mom's birthday, eat a lot of good food, and spend time with my sister and my cute niece and nephew! I miss them tons! That's one of the tough things about living away from home is that I don't get to be with them and they're growing up so fast in my absence. What a blessing skype is. For reals.

On a fashion note: I'm loving the 'sporty' mixed with class look these days. I think it's super cool and it's comfy! I'm still on the lookout for some snapbacks and would love another pair of Nike Free runs. I love how you can just wear a fancy outfit with a pair of tennis shoes and not be signified as tacky. I have always (mostly) dressed for comfort and I'm glad fashion is becoming more of my friend and becoming comfort friendly. Just my cup of tea :)

What do you think of the sporty trend? Tacky or cool?

2 comments: