white

white

10.20.2011

guest blogger swap

Hello friends! This is my first ever guest post...or should I say guest swap! I'm so excited :) This is my friend Kat from Kitsch by Kat, which I met through the blogging scene and is a fellow mormon fashion blogger. She is one stylish mom who knows all about beauty and style. Check out her lovely blog here. {also featuring my guest post)
 
NAME: Katrina Kirk (aka Mama Kat)
AGE: 32
HOMETOWN: I grew up in snowy Salt Lake City Utah and moved to sunny Southern California to stay.
BLOG: Kitsch by Kat
BLOGGING SINCE: a little more than a year.



S:  Why did you initially decide to start a blog?
K:  I started a blog because I love hair, makeup, and fashion.  I work as a Hairstylist, makeup artist, and stylist so I needed somewhere for clients to go to see my work.  My blog has evolved organically into what it is today.  When I added "mom" to my list of roles as a woman I found that it is easy to slip into the everyday of caring for everyone but yourself.  My blog is for every mommy to help boost her spirits, find new and easy ideas to perk up their look, and make fashion fun and accessible.
S:  Any advice for anyone who wants to start her/his own blog?
K:  Be authentic.  Be vunerable.  Use original content.  Be ready to work at it.



 
Kat's 12 day hair challenge...so fun

S:  How would you describe your style?
K: My style ..... anything I can wear with RED nail polish!  Every woman has her "thing" that puts a little swagger in her step, mine is RED nail polish.  When I put on my Essie 5th Avenue I dare to wear anything.  It makes me feel special.  When I shop and I'm trying to decide if something needs a home in my closet I ask myself, "Can I wear this with my RED nails?"  If so, it's special and it's ME.  I think when you buy things you love they will always work with what you've got.

S:  What beauty product can you not live without?
K:  Hair - Morraccan Oil
     Skin - HEMP lotion in Pomegranite
     Face - Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir
     Makeup - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, MAC eyeshadow and pigments, L'Oreal Lipgloss in Watermelon crush

Thanks Kat! It was fun 'swapping' for the day!

xo sherri

p.s. If you would like to take part of the fun and do a guest swap or be featured on SHERRIAMOUR or would like me to guest post please contact me via email {tini_bubbles@hotmail.com} and I will let you know about the details! All guest posts will be featured on my new 'Style File' page, along with Winnipeg streestyle, and other streestyle inspiration. {'Style File' is located at the top}

4 comments:

  1. lets swap! Your cool, I'm cool.... I'm sure we would have some awesome fashion tips to share with each others followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting the modernmormon.mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the swapping! It was so fun. I a forever fan :)

    xoxo, kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that y'all did this...such a cute idea! Btw, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete