white

white

10.22.2012

snazzy trick

I'm loving the button-up under sweater combo. And of course it's perfect for fall layering. I was sad because I loved this look and it looked good on others but I tried it and it was soo unflattering. I don't know if you've had the same problem? So a little trick I discovered that is much for more flattering is to use a sheer button up instead and a looser, nicely fit sweater because the sheer doesn't add any bulk but pulls off the same look! I guess you can say I'm a master of hiding my chubs. heh. I hope this has been of help to you too :)

ps. You can see a little peak of my new bedroom in the background. My room is in the works right now and I will be posting a tour when it's all done
sheer button-up: bluenotes $12
sweater: urban planet $8
pants: urban planet $25
booties: joe fresh $29

7 comments:

  1. Well, that IS a great idea! I love the look too but I hate the bulkiness of it! And hey, those are some great pants. Know what else is great? That I can spot a picture of Jesus on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try that tip! I like the look of a buttondown under a sweater, but it does add bulk around the middle - this is a good solution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little trick. I am like you and tried the layering combo and it was super bulky. Thanks for the tip!

    the lowercase h

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look super cute with the collared shirt/sweater combo... I tried that this morning and felt like a fat fail. Maybe I'll get used to the look? You look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! i really love your layering and your polka dot jeans are amazing:)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this outfit. i would wear it everyday.

    thanks for coming to my blog! hopefully you stick around! can't wait to explore your blog!

    ReplyDelete