white

white

10.10.2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."   
  ~ Melody Beattie

It's Thanksgiving Day in Canada! I love this holiday not only for the delicious thanksgiving meal and for coming together with family, but because it is a friendly reminder that we should give thanks and cultivate an attitude of gratitude every day. I thank God every day for my loving family and for the gospel in my life. I am grateful for prayer and to know that I have a Heavenly Father that listens and answers my prayers and loves me unconditionally. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, for His love and for giving me the strength to overcome anything. I am grateful for good friends that I can always talk to, trust, laugh with, be crazy with, and who respect me for who I am. I am grateful for the scriptures, including the Book of Mormon, for guiding me daily and providing answers to my questions. And I'm grateful for the simple things in life from pillows to hugs to sunshine. Let me tell you... this list can go on forever...

I try to be positive and optimistic in all things. Why focus on the bitter when there is always the sweet? This is a beautiful talk given by President Monson on cultivating an attitude of gratitude. Visit here.

xx sherri

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a wonderful
    long weekend, full of food and good times. :) Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!
    <3 Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great qoutes. Lovely post.

    xoxo, kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thanksgiving post! I like it!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete